here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

metallic Clearly For Art...

today I wanted to share another fun technique that uses

it creates a very cool metallic effect...
and adds a fun twist to CFA...

this is one of the techniques I demoed @ CHA.
Christine & Mark from Scraptime, in Canada,
filmed the video...

THANKS Christine & Mark!
check out their site...
there's tons of videos & inspiration there...

I wanted to share a few close up shots, so you can really see how cool these turned out...

the first sample shows the CFA blackout flower on a card I did for the Ranger booth...

the flower was created with my flower stamps...
the smaller flower was stamped with my
using jet black archival...

the cute center is a new Blossom Bucket piece...
oh...
new art parts flourishes are there too...


the next shows the new clicker cutts small journal pages...
and this flower was made with the new clicker cutts blackout flower...
I don't think the clicker cutts have shipped just yet...

the gold center flower is new from my Blossom Bucket line...
this one is my MOST favorite...
seriously...it IS!
this is what it looks like right from the package...
very vintage...


and here's a close up of a whole sheet of CFA blackout...

that has been painted with a layer of Glue N Seal...
use the matte finish...


then I added both silver & gold metallic mixatives...

you can really vary the amount of each mixative you use & get lots of cool looks...



in the video I also show how you can add other colors of alcohol inks over these layers...
and you get yet another totally different result...

try it...this is so much fun!

ok...


I'll be interested to hear your thoughts...

while you watch a video...

I'll...

make art!
wendy
ps...I see a "DELIVERY" is scheduled for today...
guess what?
could it possibly be BOOK #6?
I'll be back tomorrow when I actually have them in house!
yippee!

24 comments:

Cim Allen said...

I love it !! That is so cool.. I can't wait to grab some and play. Guess I'll have to go shopping :) Thanks Wendy .. have a great day !

Gabrielle said...

Oh! I've been hoping for a demo of this ever since you teased us with the idea! Thank you for sharing - wonder how I'll be spending my afternoon...!

Sarah said...

I think you have such a sweet voice...and should be in a musical! Thanks for the video - the effect looks great and creates a really different look and mood...!

Helen said...

Fantastic! Off to watch right now...

Minxy said...

cant stop here i've a very cool vid to watch with something called clearly 4 art lol

Candy C said...

This is such a cool technique!!! Wendy...you never cease to amaze me with the cool things you come up with! Really beautiful dimensional flowers...and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that you've figured out a way to make them look METALLIC!! Thanks for sharing! <3 Candy

SusanK said...

I've watched the video numerous times because the effects and star are so amazing! Now to try it myself!

Lynne Forsythe said...

TOTALLLLLLLLY AMAZING WENDY!!! what a FABBY FABBY technique!!!

Laura said...

Morning Wendy...yea that paper is pretty cool....got some in my wishlist over at Simons.
I wanted to ask you something. I have a lot of Mod Podge,Bottles and bottles of it. Would that be an alernative to using the GlueNSeal?
Laura
deepabyss100 at hotmail dot com

Ruby Craft said...

I love these flowers! Off to check out the video!

Art By Wanda said...

Love the video, the crackles, the metallic... Wow!!!!!!!!!! It is a totally gorgeous flower!!!!! Way, WAY cool!!!!!

Elaine A said...

Hi Wendy -

I love how this technique looks! I saw the video at Scraptime (Christine & Mark have so much info on their site). Awesome video, and great directions on how to achieve this awesome look.

Elaine Allen

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Book a new one? omg. I watched the video 3 times i added the needed items to my shopping list will this work with different colors like a purple metallic? I am so new to learning this I would love to sit and make different colored ones.

susan s.

Susan said...

This is an awesome technique! Can't wait to try it.

craftimamma said...

What a fabulous technique with awesome results. Wonderful video to watch and listen to Wendy. Thankyou.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Redanne said...

Just watched the video, what an absolutely fantastic technique, I need to try that one out soon. A new book? OMG, need that too.....

Lori said...

Ooo, this looks fab! Love the effect, very cool!

slbt17 said...

lovely .... need play time myself!
Sandra ltb

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

What a great demo , the flower that you made was fantastic love the metallic finish it gave ..thanks for sharing your wisdom ....will be going off to try this one me thinks x

Karen Goulet said...

The flower is fabulous. Thanks for sharing that technique!
Karen :)

AngelicaS said...

Awesome ... what a cool effect!
hope the modeling film is comeing to a scrapshop in Sweden soon, I can not wait!! Love the flowers!!

Debby said...

Thanks for sharing the pics with us! Can't wait to get the new book. Hope that is what you are getting delivered!

Susan Leslie said...

You are simply a genius, thanks for all of your techniques, that are super cool. Now I have to get that black clearly for art!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

These are stunning.