here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, May 17, 2010

In Indy I saw...

1. LOTS of nice FUN gals...
they came with nice clean hands & left with VERY inky fingers...
Imagine that!!!

2. LOTS of HAPPY faces...before we even started...

We had LOTS of students, so the workshops were moved out of the store...

we had GREAT accomodations @ the Jameson Inn...

3. THE...Sherry Cheever...on a "perch" getting a birds eye view of the Ranger technique class...


and then I saw...

4. 2 friends with THE I-PAD...OMG!!!!!!!
It is the coolest thing...small is too cute!

I called them..."the enablers".

They had angelic faces...

but they tormented me with the marvels of the IPad...

so...those faces were NOT as sweet as I first thought...

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...(Daisy & Jenn)

I just might have to succumb...

Yes MR IRS...I NEED it for BUSINESS...SERIOUSLY!

I DO!

5. I saw & ATE...
Sugar Creme Pie...
compliments of Meghan...
It's "the dessert of Indy"...

Soooooooo Yummy & lo-cal...
I think that's what she said?

6. I got to meet blog friends...
and Linda, who had won a prize on my blog! SO FUN!!!


7. I traveled in the "twilight zone"...
remember the old TV show?

My flight left Indy @ 5pm and I arrived in Chicago @ 4:55pm...
According to the clock I arrived before I left...

YIKES!!!

8. LOTS of grunge being cut for the Maya Road mini book ...
which is filled with mini art!
I think there are about 30 new grunge ADDICTS...
welcome to the club gals! I warned you!!!

9. I got...
2 AWESOME thank you cards...
THANK YOU Cathy & Meghan!!

THANKS to everyone for a VERY FUN...
VERY INKY & ARTY weekend!!

It's GREAT to be home for a bit...
I purposely schedule no workshops for this time...
to start working on projects for book #3...

with NEW studio 490 stamps..and tim' dies
and embossing folders...

and CHA projects...

and re-organizing the basement supply storage area...
got more new shelves...
Rick is down there banging away now...
putting them together...
organized it good...LOVE IT!

and a little antiquing with my hubby...
gotta find that mantle soon...
the wall is naked...
YIKES!!!

I hope that your week is good &
that you can take time to...
MAKE ART!
wendy

20 comments:

Jenna Kellso said...

I want inky hands!

michelle said...

Me too. . . I want inky hands but I don't think I will make it there this week!

I am glad you had a great time and just say yes to the ipad trust me!

New stamps. new TH dies? oh do tell . . .

Sherry Cheever said...

Wendy thanks for a great weekend! I had so much fun and it was great to spend some time with you. Yes, my fingers are still inky!

Anonymous said...

Inky fingers are happy fingers.
That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.
Eileen in NYC

Unknown said...

New Book? I haven't had time to play with the 2nd. one yet. 4 more days of school and then I'll be inky everyday.
Sue

SusanK said...

Inky fingers are to dye for! LOL Sounds like Indy was good to you. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us with your new releases as well as new things from Tim.

Julie said...

That's a possiblitly,making art, now that school is almost out for the summer for my daughter and varsity softball games are over. (Cheer for Pine Castle Christian Academy, they won State in softball class 2A last Thursday!!!)Now I can get into some art! Whew, what a year!

Cher said...

yep...getting inky myself later...lol..welcome home xo cher

Unknown said...

Inky Hands, Warm Heart! :) Sounds like fun!!

Tona said...

It sounds like you & everybody else had a great time !

Heidi said...

You'll know the mantle when you see it...it"ll probably be the last one you look at...LOL

Liz in MO said...

That twilight zone thing is scary isn't it!!!

Anita said...

Good luck finding your mantle. What a fun weekend! TFS!

jan metcalf said...

Inky fingers rule!

Linda R said...

The classes were beyond fabulous, so inky (still inky)...much fun (loved the prize I won at the first class!). Hope to see you again soon, in the meantime I will be making art FOR SURE, staying inky and watching your blog for the mantle. Enjoy your time home, hugs.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Sounds like you had a fab time.

julie m said...

have fun organizing, looking for a mantle, writing and designing. hope you have a supply of chocolate to sustain you.

Helena said...

Miss you girl!!!

patricia smith said...

What a happy looking bunch of gals at your class! Thanks for sharing. I hope one day to be able to attend a class.

Welcome home, and keep Ranger Rick hammering! lol

Hugs,
Pat Smith

Anonymous said...

Our weekend of classes was truly joyful! It is an honor to learn from you. Thank you for your generous offering of time, talent, and expertise! It is appreciated more than you could ever imagine. Enjoy these next few weeks of creating. I know it will be fabulous and we're eager to see where your imagination leads. LeAnn