here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, December 7, 2009

and the winner is........

you MUST be kidding...it's way too early in the post to announce the winner...



Ah.........
the anticipation....

I got this email again...& she asked "where really do you make your art...you tease alot...is that magazine really your studio?"


YEP...the photo on the right sidebar REALLY IS my studio...no joking...this time

Believe me...I LOVE IT!

And several asked for updates on the wool projects...
those are coming next week...

I'll have plenty of airport wait time this week to get something done...
so...stay tuned on that front...

Here's another fun holiday project...

a bonus of sorts... because I LOVE YOU GUYS...
a little inspiration for you...I hope...





The supplies are all available from my 2 favorite on line shopping hot spots...

eclecticPaperie ...they have the Maya Road scallop chipboard base

and...

Simon Says Stamp ...they have ALL the archival inks & reinkers now!

Both have all my stamps too.

And speaking of Simon Says Stamp...
remember this???



Well here's the random comment drawn....

C
O
N
G
R
A
T
S


T
O......................


Here's the winning comment...
sound familiar to anyone?


Ooooh, I loooove that box....it is beautifuls...now .. you said a simple comment is all it takes...how about...a comment from someone simple? **that's me BTW** ROFl...have a good weekend hun x
December 5, 2009 11:26 AM


It was...

written by...

Hels ...

So Hels...let me know that you saw this...and CONGRATS to you!

I'll pass your name onto Heidi & Terra @ Simon Says Stamp & you're all ready to...

have one "HELS" of a SHOPPING SPREE!!!
CHEESY...but I just couldn't pass that up.

Thanks to everyone for the comments & for making the celebration...
so very SPECIAL.

That's it for today...
LOTS to get done before I leave tomorrow evening...
as long as the weather cooperates...
we got about 3 inches of that white stuff on the ground...
YUCK!

I'm so looking foreward to this trip...
Phoenix is much warmer than here...
Prescott...not so ...
oh well...

friends...fun & yummy food...
and plenty of SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A MILLION THANKS again to all of you...
take care...
make art!
wendy

38 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Congratulations Hels :-) Hope you have a lovely trip Wendy :-)

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New year ,,, and thanks again for being in our designer spotlight over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-) Your creation is absolutely wonderful ,,, as is the one you posted here ,,, I will definitely be buying everything I need to make one of these :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

scrappin-scrappin said...

Congratulations Hels!!!
Wendy, thanks for the inspiration! And you have a wonderful time in AZ, you lucky duck!!!!

Denise G said...

You are one lucky girl!!! Congratulations!

dblanken said...

You inspired me with your gift wrapping ideas and I went to Hobby Lobby and bought all that they had - I make jewelry too and these boxes are perfect for Christmas - I was making some flowers yesterday - what fun!
Have a safe trip

kngwd89 said...

Cheesy but funny! Congratulations to Hels! Thanks for all of the fun tips, Wendy. Love today's inspirational idea as well! LeAnn

Linda said...

Congratulations Hels!

Wendy, thank you for another great idea! Have fun and safe travels!

Linda

~* steph :) *~ said...

congrats hels!
love your project! thanks for sharing :)! much aloha~!

Unknown said...

Congrats Hels ... Loving the inspiration Wendy ... Stay Safe X

Hels Sheridan said...

OMG!!!!!! OMG!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh how amazing!! I won!!! I have never won a thing in my life so I am totally and utterly OVER THE MOON!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU....Wendy...you are my hero, you know that already...and you have just made me a VERY HAPPY BUNNY!!!!

And... I promise I will have a HELS of a time shopping!!! ROFL

Thank you again, without wanting to sound too gushy and lovey....I am chuffty tuffty!!!

BTW...I am loving your latest arty creation...and it is inspiring me to get making some cards!

Did I say...THANK YOU????

Hugs xxxx

Maureen F. said...

Really cute wall hanging - enjoy your trip - travel safe

Andrea said...

well done Hels and hope your not that cow thats jumps over the moon LOL by the way Hels knows me and will take the joke xx great ART Wendy xx

Elaine A said...

Love your inspiration project Wendy. I got all excited because my sister just brought me some chandelier crystals that she got while clearing out her mother-in-laws home. Now I know what to do with them.

Elaine Allen

Chirpin Is Fun said...

Congrats to Hels...hope you enjoy your prize! Safe travels, Wendy. Enjoy your time with family and friends. I know you enjoy your shopping....so I won't even go there!

Dianal said...

Congratulations Hels ... have a good time on your trip Wendy ... looking forward to more of your art!!

Debby said...

Hels you lucky girl! Have a great time in Arizona Wendy. I am sure the weather is better there than in Illinois. We are expecting 2 more storms in the Chicago area this week. Me I am ready for summer!

Artyjen said...

Have fun and congrats to Hels!
xoxo

Carla said...

Merry Christmas and congrats Hels..you have much fun shopping knowing we all are envious ; )

Karen said...

Well done Hels!

I've just hopped over for the first time from Simon Says Stamp, hearing about you first (and for a long time) on Hels and Linda E's blogs, and have become a follower... I like what I've seen and look forward to more inspiration.

And WOW at that studio ! You are sooooo fortunate to have a playroom like that Wendy!

barbara said...

Have a good trip down here to AZ. Bring us some sun or bring your umbrella. We're having much needed rain! Makes you want to make stuff instead of going out. Have a good trip...no snow in PHX! Merry, Merry.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Hels! Safe Travels Wendy - Give Tim a Hug for all of us. Thanks again for the gift box/deco ideas. I jazzed up a gift card holder a la Wendy and it turned out really cute (thanks to you).

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Hels! Enjoy your shopping spree.
Thanks for the beautiful wall hanging, Wendy.
Enjoy your trip, and get home safely.
Eileen in NYC
(Where it is cold and gray)

slbt17 said...

Enjoy!
Sandra

Unknown said...

how wonderful! Congratulations Hels!! ... and have a great time Wendy!

Dawn (dmh) said...

Lovely plaque.
Congratulation to Hels.
Have a safe trip Wendy.
:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Hels!!! Have fun in Prescott.

Jill W. said...

Have tonz of fun.
~Jill

Renee said...

Congrats to the big winner!
Thanks for a fun week. Hope the weather clears up enough so your travels are uneventful.

Miss Iowa said...

Sounds like the weather in the Midwest is going to be awful tomorrow and Wednesday so I hope that doesn't create any travel delays for you. GOOD LUCK and have a great time in AZ.

Nancy said...

Congrats, Hels! What fun you'll have at SSS!
You're going to Prescott, Wendy? Oh, so not fair! *lol* Have a great time!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Congratulations, Hels. And Wendy, I love your little wall hanging.

Tona said...

Congrats to the winner & thanks again for all of the inexpensive, quick & easy gift ideas.

KAREN said...

Congrats Hels!!!! Wendy, thanks for giving us so many wonderful ideas!!! Have a safe trip and we will await your return..

Marimer said...

Felicidades Hels. es un gran premio. Bss

Marimer said...

Uff!!, se me ollvidó, precioso este colgador para ponerlo en la puerta de recibimiento, es genial. Bss

2amscrapper said...

Congrats to the winner! Enjoy that shopping! Great project Wendy to leave us with! Hope you have better weather where you're going.

Donna said...

Congrats Hels!! Enjoy!! Simon Says is awesome!!!
Wendy this was so much fun seeing ways to stretch a dollar and make gifts that look like a million!!
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Love that sweet woodsy plaque! Congrats Hels! Shop till you drop!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Congratulations Hels, what a fab Christmas prezzy ;)
Anne x