here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

wishing you...

comfort & joy...

ok...it might be a tad early for Christmas sentiments...
but I had this idea...

another 6x6 art piece...
square is good...

I'm in LOVE with these graphic 45 papers...
it's easy to create a coordinated look, by inking all of them with the same distress ink.

I used brushed corduroy over the entire piece.

and...they FINALLY arrived...
the Maya Road mini houses and mini alphabets...

I like to mix 2 fonts...
jonathan & noah...are my favs...

I LOVE the ability to put larger words on a small space...
another reason why I love minis...

Want to see ALL the adorable MINI'S?? LOOK here.

studio 490 stamps on grungepaper made the trees & holly...

Just add some vintage trim & an old ruler piece...
some of tim's idea-ology snaps...

tada...done and fun!


oh...
and rock candy distress stickles on the mini letters...


and on the holly berries too...

this time the holly is gingham...
but any background stamp is cool...
the holly is versatile...
because it's an outline...

same story with the tree...



Studio time for me now...

getting MARKET PLACE stuff done & ready for our cruisers...

I'm just saying...
the shopping will be so much fun!

So, my wish for you today...

May you have comfort & joy while you...

make art!
wendy

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable:D

Art By Wanda said...

Love this Wendy!! I'm going to HAVE to get some of these minis.

SusanK said...

Loverly as always! I *need* to go shopping right away!

Neil said...

Looks like classic "comfort food" for the soul!

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous art Wendy...love the colours you have used x

Unknown said...

This is beautiful ... loving the colours ... I have n't got the holly stamp ...yet ... so if you could rustle me up about a hundred Chrissy cards when you get back from the cruise ... well that would be fab *LOL*

Elaine A said...

Wendy -

This is just so sweet. I don't know how you keep coming up with these great combination of things - but thank you.

Elaine Allen

Nancy said...

I love it, Wendy!! Someone informed me this morning it's 80 days 'til Christmas, so ... yikes, you're not too early! *lol*

See you in 5 sleeps!

Debby said...

Beautiful as usual. Will have to get some of those mini canvases and start playing! Hope it is sunny and warm on the cruise. It is cold and rainy in Illinois.

Tona said...

Omgosh!! I love everything about this project !!! Fantastic!!!!!

carpediem said...

wow! another great project!