here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, October 26, 2009

continuing with the cruise info...

good morning from rainy....UGLY Illinois...
which explains why these photos are blurry...
no sun = ugly photos!

Here's the very last gift the cruisers got...
it's a very cute tiny suitcase...


with a custom limited edition stamp.
It's the cruise logo...designed by tim & donated by Ted & Michelle, from Stampers Anonymous.



Next...
Here's my mega workshop...it's an inspiration board...
a place to keep track of ideas...inspiring ads...intriguing color combos...anything that jump starts your creativity.

Take my word for it...
there's a large framed corkboard on the bottom...
that photo was really bad...

We started by covering the board with vintage dress patterns, using Claudine's multi-medium. You'll see the spatter (fly poop) stamp was used on the background. It's subtle with my fav coffee archival ink.


We used...
*PLENTY of studio 490 stamped images...

*grungepaper flowers

*grungeboard alphas...
each person received a complete package & chose their favorite word/saying...

*7 gypsies metal page edges...makes a perfect border...

*tim's film strip ribbon to make eye glasses for my art chick...

* tim's idea-ology snaps...I'm seriously addicted

*a custom necklace for the art chick, from vintaj...
and...

*we made the rose with jenni bowlin mini papers...



Here's a sample of the tac...using Maya Road's trinket jewel pins to make push pins...
just trim them to make them shorter...perfect!



You asked for more photos & more cruise info...
so here's some cruiser blog links...
Grab a coffee & check them out...
Helena...from Italy...
Eileen from NYC...(she's the art chick who won the HUGE Ranger giveaway we did here!
Sarah...from Texas...
Sherry from California...
Tiffany...scroll down on her blog...
after perusing all those blogs...
I'm betting that you'll be inspired to...
make art!
wendy

9 comments:

Debby said...

Wonderful project. Love the stamp. Yes I agree it is ugly here in Illinois today. Thanks for sharing with us and inspiring all of us to make some art.

Hels Sheridan said...

Perfect project Wendy, wish I coulda been part of the class cos it sounds like it was FAB!!! xx

Anonymous said...

The project was WONDERFUL! You can't appreciate it from Wendy's photo (sorry, friend, it really does suck!), because in person it is to die for! My own is finished, hanging on the wall above my computer station in my little studio. I see it all the time and it does what it's supposed to do...inspire me!
Oh, and thanks for the link to my blog, and all the others. Even though I was there, I love to read other people's take on the cruise, and see the snaps I might have missed.
Take care!
Eileen in NYC

Joyce said...

Thanks Wendy for sharing the other websites. Those of us who couldn't get to go can live vicariously thru everyone else. The shadow box project was cool and would love to know what the bird was made of and where do you get them. Also, loved your bulletin board. How clever!! Great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Dianal said...

Love the inspiration board with all the grunge flowers ... thanks for sharing the other sites too ...

Andrea said...

great ART Wendy looks like the trip was very artful and a great time x

Marimer said...

Me encanta visitar tu blog, porque no solo nos enseñas muchos trabajos con tus tutoriales, sino que leerte es un placer, estás llena de vitalidad y alegría y eso se transmite y contagia, como dices tu, es adictivo. Hoy he publicado en mi blog unas rositas que he hecho por tu tutorial y aunque no son tan perfectas como las tuyas, son las primeras y estoy muy contenta, le dan una vida al trabajo increible. Gracias.Saludos desde Tenerife.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Oooo, I LOVE your art board.

Nancy D. said...

I love my Inspiration Board!!!..it was so much fun to make! Loved being able to spend the time with you & Rick in your classes they were GREAT!...Thanks!