here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, September 14, 2009

table for 30, a counter for one...and more

Make that a FEW tables for 30.

What a GREAT day & a GREAT class with 30 GREAT friends!!
THANK YOU Scrapbook Friend'z for the FUN day.
You guys all did a GREAT job and made some awesome art...

Thanks too for the sweet comments about my book...
THANKS for letting me sign them...
PHEW...didn't screw up any!

YOU made me happy...AGAIN!

A HUGE thank you to Linda Broom...for being the PERFECT TA.
You thought I was kidding about hiring you...not so.
I'm serious...VERY serious!
Say adios to State Farm & come HELP me!

Next stop on the art adventure...
A NEW store in Springfield, Illinois...called Prairie Art Stamps.
A new store+new friends=FUN.
Can't wait!

See you THIS Saturday for 2 fun workshops...
one is THE BIRD class...one is the grunge hanging.

And the "counter for one" part of the title?
Here's Rick working away on cruise stuff...
with HIS machine... die cutting

150 sheets of grungeboard...

while I'm stamping

450 sheets of grungepaper ...

and more to come...



Now...on to business...

The questions keep coming...
This whole question and answer thing is so much fun!!! I have a quick question (I hope it's quick for you since you are soooo busy). I'm wondering how Claudine's medium compares to Golden's... I have several of Golden's mediums including Matte Medium that I should probably finish before getting something different... but????

Ok...I'm NOT the expert to do a comparison...
so I went right to the expert...
Claudine Hellmuth...

Here's her response...
"my multi medium is comparable to Golden quality-wise but it has it's own creamy consistency that you can't find elsewhere so it lends itself to gluing paper a little easier as well as small objects!!"

So...there you have it...right from Claudine.
I really like it...it holds even heavy objects...VERY WELL.


I like it for sealing art too, because when dry, it's not tacky feeling like mod-podge....or should I say brand X?

Next...
since the magazine didn't show us enough pics of your studio can you show us more? I want to see it all.

I think this question came from a cruiser...trying to trick me to get a sneak peek...
but I'm NOT going to fall for that & show any cruise stuff! ha!

Ok...here's one...

For some reason I have to buy every one of these guys I see...
I like numbers...maybe that's why?


And another studio spot...
I picked up the little book in an airport somewhere. I HAD to have it...

Before studio 490 there was "wendyart"...
When I first started stamping, I thought if I ever made art to sell...that would be a good name.

But when things took off here...
studio 490 just developed & I like that better.



It's me again. Sharon said she loved you & you're coming back to Buffalo. WHEN? I was oot last time & i don't want to miss out again.

I will be back in Buffalo for sure. I LOVE Sharon, Mark & Jess too, but no date has been set yet.
I'm working on my schedule for next year, but I won't have it finished until the end of the year, or possibly the beginning of next year.

I do try to keep my teaching schedule current.
Just check the sidebar on the blog for updates.


Another question...
I know you do lots of mini albums for Maya Road. What's the best/easiest way to cover the pages? Yours look finished/professional, I don't think mine do.

Most times I ink & stamp the chipboard pages...since I'm a stamper...
but if I'm covering them with paper...(then stamping)
I adhere the paper to the chipboard...run a brayer over it to really get a good bond.
Then I'll trim off the excess paper with a craft knife & then distress the edges with Tim's sanding grip.
To finish it off, I'll ink the edges with the distress inks for a vintage look.
That's what works for me.

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC...

We watch very little TV, but friends got us hooked on America's Got Talent.
Do you watch it?
Who are you cheering for?

oh...
One last thing...
keep this in mind...
believe ALL things are possible...
then...


make art!
wendy
ps...I DID believe that all things were possible, but the BEARS ruined that thought.
they suck!

28 comments:

Unknown said...

I see you are still working on next year's schedule - I sure do hope that it includes a trip to New England, in particular.....NH, VT, ME or MA!
Your husband is a peach for doing all that cutting for you! It looks like the sizzix there that he's using........MY QUESTION for the day is "what's your favorite die?" It must be flowers, of course!

Joyce said...

America's Got Talent - I want Barbara to win. What a voice. By the way I love your kitchen cupboards - what a beautiful stain! Looks like lots of great counter top as well.

Chirpin Is Fun said...

Just a quick "Thank You" for once again an awesome class. I have been a student in tons of classes (other teachers and yours) and I must tell you...I love the way you teach! The project always gets finished and looks great ... everyone's project always looks like art! Can't wait to make more roses...looks hard but was very easy! I'd love to come to help you with the kits ... sounds like a great road trip to me!
Aprile

Debby said...

The last thing I heard last night was a few bleeps by my husband before he turned the game off. I made him watch TrueBlood and MadMen before he could totally watch the game. Thank you so much for the great class on Saturday. I would gladly be an assistant for you. Will work for stamps.LOL. Wish I was going on the cruise but not this time. Thank you for all you do and for sharing so much info with us. I was curious about how Claudine's mediums compared to Golden's and maybe when I see hers I will pick one up.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Informative and funny. Do you ever get to teach on the east coast?
Come to NYC....we really don't bite. At least most of us don't.
Eileen

borcherding said...

*sigh*..... I thought I was the perfect TA. sniff, sniff....off to bed to cry. ;-(

For Every Season said...

I'm addicted to America's Got Talent also. Love Barbara and her story but I really like the chicken farmer. We'll see more of hime once Nashville gets ahold of him, but I get tears in my eyes every time The Children of Gory sing. I watch those great kids and think of them singing at the hospital to their mother who was in a coma .... I cry every time.
Love your work!!! Can't wait to see you in St. Louis!!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the detailed instructions on the Roses- I have to build up my courage to give them a try. They look so pretty!
Love your little grungy butterflies too!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Wendy, I love your blog. I know yo've no plans to come to the UK next year but please please come the year after - pretty please with a cherry on top ;) Oh so long as you come 'up North' as well LOL
Anne x

Michele K said...

I was cutting out flowers while watching the game until the TV went off! We barely ever get through a whole Bears game before the TV mysteriously goes off....hummm???? Oh, and did you know that Denver won...hummmm???? Anyway, I had an ABSOLUTE blast Sat in Bloomington with you! You are so fun! Don't forget, if you ever get into a bind with preparing for a class, I would be glad to help you out!! Take care...be sure you get out and enjoy this awesome weather today!!

Kim said...

Wendy--

Since you're loving the questions, I have one for you. I LOVE the idea of mini-albums, but have never made one. I get these great ideas for little theme albums, but when I sit down to actually do something I totally freeze up. Do you have any tips to help me get over mental blocks like this?

Hels Sheridan said...

Can I copy Anne...please? And say.....please, please, please, purty pulease with ten cherries on top...can you come to the UK pllllleeeease???? You can stay at my house and I promise that I will make sure that you get lots of choccy cake to eat...and loads of ink to play with....*wanders off wondering if that was just a little toooooo stalkerish????* ROFL....as ever Wendy, you inspire me...I have had a block today, no Mojo, not even a speck on ink on a single finger..but now I am ready to get covered in the stuff and make some art! Have a great week hun xx

Unknown said...

Can I copy Hels who is copying Anne and say please please pleeeeeease with 999 cherries on top come to the UK next week ... Doh! I mean next year ... you can stay at mine too ... John can bake and we can craft :0)

Linda said...

Clues for the crusie! Yippee! Die cuts, 150 sheets of grungeboard, and 450 sheets of grungepaper! What can it be? I give up! Rick, in the next picture will you please hold up your "finished" die cut? Thanks! 27 days until we set sail! I am so ready for the cruise!

THANK YOU Rick for prepping kits for the cruise! And THANK YOU Wendy for designing the projects and sharing your knowledge and your blog and well, THANK YOU for EVERYTHING you do and share with us!

Linda H

carpediem said...

Enjoying all of your Q & A posts! I agree that Sharon, Mark & Jess are the best! Can't wait till you return to Buffalo Stamps!

Miss Iowa said...

Go Packers!! ;)

Linda Broom said...

Oh, Wendy! You know I love helping. You're such an inspiration to me and I learn so much. I just can't wait to finish my kit now after seeing how beautiful everyone's turned out. They were all so different even though they used the same products! I'm here for ya, babe! Anytime...just holler. Linda

Priscilla said...

I don't watch American's Got Talent but I did see Kevin Skinner's first appearance and I was sold. I'll be voting for Kevin tonight!!!

Unknown said...

We used Claudine's matte medium in Tim's class on Saturday. It's creamier and easier to use, but it also smells like bubble gum. Can't get cooler than that!
Keep teasing us cruisers Wendy, we love it!

Kirstin said...

awww, what a wonderful hubby you have!! Good for you both!

I got my ship notice today for your book so I am now officially stalking the mailman - bwahahaha!

America's Got Talent: Barbara Padilla and Lawrence Beamen are the two that I'm rooting for the most. She makes me cry when she sings and he is just so darn likeable!

Andrea said...

dont think I best copy Ann, Hels or Linda as you might just think that all peeps in the UK are totally nuts, of course I could not be more normal to those three who I see have far more cherries to put on a cake than I do anyway, so I will just say that if you come to the UK I know at least four of us that would travel around the country just to see you make ART as Wendy you are a real inspiration to many and the UK is not really that far on a plane x

Hels Sheridan said...

**walks in in a totally unstalkerish manner**

Wendy, I am totally covered in ink!!!

Fingers, hands, arms, legs (dropped pad) tshirt, cat.....yes, cat, who jumped on desk and paddled thru wet stuff...THANK YOU....told you I was inspired by you... again...thank you...you marvellously clever crafty person you :O)) x

Hels Sheridan said...

PS, I just counted..I have 1001 Cherries, so that is more than Linda...so do I win?? ROFL...will leave you alone now...honest!!

Unknown said...

OK ... Hels may have 2 more cherries than me ... but I would like to see her 1001 cherries on top and raise her with 20 zillion chocolate buttons and an unlimited supply of caffeine ... guess I will be getting the guest room ready any day now then!

Andrea - Not Mad????? I have my doubts about that!!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Thanks for the info on Claudine medium compared to Golden... I guess I'll be investing :-))

Hels Sheridan said...

Linda??? Guest Room???? Pah! I already have an ensuite bedroom with Wendy's name ON The DOOR!!!! And it has silk sheets and an extra hot water bottle to keep her inkyfingers warm and cosy.... So there... I will see your 20zillion chocolate buttons and raise you 300billiontrillionzillion....Jelly Babies!!!

Wendy hun, I have to apologise for my friends being rather bats...honestly, I do try to keep them calm but I can't always promise to do that

**wanders away wondering if Wendy is going to ban me from her bLog**

ROFL

Unknown said...

Sorry Hels ... Wendy can't read your post at the moment ... she is too busy unpacking her case in MY house which we renamed Wendy Vecchi Mansion just as soon as Wendy accepted MY invite!

What Wendy hunny? You want more buttons and a coffee? I'll send John :0)

Hels Sheridan said...

**sounds of revving engine as Ferdy sets off at speed in the direction of *coughs* Wendy Vecchi Mansion**

I can't type anymore, I am crying too much...with laughter of course ;O))