here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

new Ranger pigments & pearls video!

Last month I posted a 3 part tutorial on a new background technique called pigments & pearls.

Ranger's pigment inks are opaque...and great for stamping or covering chipboard.

This technique uses the pigment inks in a new way and combines them with the shimmery Perfect Pearls.

Here are the original blog posts.

Part 1
Part 2
and Part 3

Here's the YIPPEE part...

I made a video for Ranger @ CHA in July & it's the featured video on the Ranger site for the month of September!
YIPPEE!

You can see the video here on the Ranger site...
or on You-tube here...

Thanks to my RANGER family!!! You guys are GREAT!

Thanks to my CHA roomie...Paper Patti...
she is the video-er? She video-ed me...whatever?
Videographer? yep...that's better.


And since every post needs a photo...

here's the pigments & pearls technique ...
it's the background on this tag.



a closer look...



I'll be back tomorrow with a CHRISTMAS workshop peek...

WHAT?

Hey...it's 45 degrees here...
I'm wearing sweats & I'm IN holiday mode!

Take a few minutes...
Get out your pigment inks and perfect pearls and...

make art!
wendy

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning art ... great video ... you little movie star you ... X

Lori said...

See, I told you, first the stamps, then the book, and NOW, the MOVIES. YEA!!!! Great video! C'mon now...when's the next one???

KAT said...

I'm going to check out the video!

Christmas - you should be in the mood - it will be here before you know it!!!

Speaking of BIG events - 40 days until the cruise!!!

Debby said...

Great video. it has been cold here that's for sure. Christmas is a good idea. It is always great to get an early inspiration to make cards and not at the last minute. Thanks again for all you do for us.

Barbara said...

Hi Wendy
I am new to your blog. I have a simple question. i love all the tags that you, Tim and others do but can I ask what do you do with them.... do you send them as cards, use them on gifts... just wondering.

Susan said...

The new video is great - I love that technique. The shimmer is gorgeous. Love all the tags.

Send some of that cold weather to TX - we're having a cold spell of low 90's! I'm ready for fall.
Susan

Helen said...

Wendy, I just love your art - I am hooked and can't wait till your book arrives (I've pre-ordered it here in the UK from The Stamp Attic wo led me to you!) Do you have any plans to come over here?

Hels Sheridan said...

FAB FAB FAB!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not in holiday mode yet...Bah Humbug...but if you keep on with all these amazing treats for my eyes, I may well be decking the halls before long :O)) I got the perfect pearls and I got the inks...and I went inkytastically mental and now my hands look like they belong to an Egyptian Mummy and my room looks like a bombsite..not to mention the state of my tshirt LOL Thanks again for sharing this amazing art you create... truly inspired I am ! Hels x

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is gorgeous. I really love that blue rose. And I loved the video. Great technique.

kramer_buffy said...

oh my flippin' goodness how did you make that rose!!?!?!?!?!!?

-- dalis

Art By Wanda said...

Congrats, Wendy!!! The video is terrific!! And I still love this tag!!