here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

in love with minis...

I TOLD you before...
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Maya Road's mini alphas...

Here's the proof...

Look what arrived yesterday...
THANK YOU MR FED-EX!

120 packages...YIPPEE!

2 styles...mini jonathan...mini noah...
mix & match is good...

Some for upcoming workshops...
some for me!
OK...LOTS for me...

If you want to see all their cute minis...look here


I NEEDED to play yesterday...
I was getting crabby...who me????????
I know...SHOCKING!

I haven't just played in a LONG time...

I needed a studio fix...it was really bad...

I took 30 minutes...

I had an idea brewing...

I pulled out my favorite mini jenni bowlin papers...
some of my stamps...
grungepaper...
the rose and leaves...the polka dots & the gingham too...
a touch of rock candy distress stickles...
some distress ink...
some jet black archival ink...
a Maya Road button...
a mini canvas...it's 4 inches square...

and what started the idea...

a canvas heart that I picked up while shopping on Saturday @ For Keeps Sake.

It's made by canvas corp.

Here's the result...


Now what I'm not showing is the film strip ribbon...
OMG!!!


I had an idea...
this is good...if I say so myself...ha!

It's so simple...duh...why didn't I think of that before???

So the moral of the story today?

canvas, grungepaper, paper, ink, stamps...
that must be why it's called mixed media art!
I GOT IT!

Now you...
make art!
HEY...I DID!
wendy

13 comments:

Chirpin Is Fun said...

Beautiful rose! Can't wait to see the filmstrip ribbon. I have to confess...I find it very hard to read...knowing there is a picture coming up! Then I always have to go back and reread! lol Have a great day!

Kirstin said...

beautimous! Love that flower and leaves in grunge with the buttom - oh my!! Now show us the film ribbon and the idea!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Wow Wendy...my favest stashy stuff ever all on one perfect piece of ART...I looooove this loads and...guess what????? YOU inspired me AGAIN....and now I am off to get inky fingers and to heck with Grim's dinner LOL Thanks again for all the idea's, inspirations, those fab stamps you designed....Hels xx

Debby said...

Beautiful work. Yes I feel the need to make some art today. Haven't played too much lately. Have a great day. What will we do when you are cruising? No blog to read. Will have to imagine and make art.

slbt17 said...

WOW! you did that in a half hour? It takes me that long just to get stuff out to start working .... Really very pretty Wendy! thanks for the inspiration!
Sandra

Unknown said...

I am soooo glad you found time to craft hun ... Stunning as always ... I LOVE the maya road alphas ... I definitely need to find me some of them :0)

carpediem said...

Love that rose! I'm so envious of the cruisers who will be making art with you!!!

Andrea said...

loving the rose and the minis they are sooooo cute x

Dianal said...

what a great piece of art ... love the grunged rose .... have fun and keep making art.

Penci said...

OOOOHH, I see a houndstooth rose! You are always so inspiring. Am so going to miss your blog while you and all the others will be having a blast without me (pouting and sad face)!

Anonymous said...

ok, you are going to share your idea, right??? Huh, huh, huh???

Donna said...

What you show of it Wendy is Beautiful!!

Art By Wanda said...

You are such a tease!!! Only showing part of the canvas. What we can see looks fabulous!!! Not much playing for me today... made a quick card for my son's birthday... can't believe he'll be 13 on Sunday... yikes!!!! However, I did get to play a lot this past Saturday and posted a couple of all Wendy Stamps projects on my blog.