here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Christmas & questions...

Hey...it's September already!
Want to get an early start on holiday gifts?

Scrapbook Friend'z in Bloomington Illinois is doing their traditional Christmas workshop weekends on Oct 31-Nov 1st and Nov 7 & 8th. So ...save the date!

Both weekends are loaded with fun classes and feature holiday decor or gift items you can make and give.

Here's a little peek of my DECOR item...
It features...

the brand new yummy...graphic 45 Christmas papers

studio 490 stamps (imagine that!)

grungepaper

new Maya Road mini snowflakes , mini scroll and mini alphas

rock candy distress stickles
and plenty of distress inks too.

Hope to see you there...


On to the questions...and the answers...

Hi Wendy
I am new to your blog. I have a simple question. i love all the tags that you, Tim and others do but can I ask what do you do with them.... do you send them as cards, use them on gifts... just wondering.

Tags are great for demoes and more.
The surface is PERFECT for inks & trying new techniques.

Cut the top off, layer it on cardstock & it's a quick card front...
or...

Stamp or write your sentiment on the back & it's a unique card. Who says a card has to open?

Need a quick gift tag? Tags are perfect.
It's the card & tag all in one.

If you looked @ the Ranger video I posted yesterday, I show making 2 tags with the same technique & the same colors.

Use one for the tag & the second
can be stamped & cut to make coordinating embellishments.

Plus...it's just plain fun to put them on a ring & flip thru them if you need inspiration.

Next...
Can I ask where you found the jenni bowlin papers you used on that skinny book? I can only find her large papers...

I think this is the Maya Road book you're talking about.

The 4 x 4 Jenni Bowlin papers that I used are here.
They also stock several other colors & styles...all mini and absolutely...ADORABLE!


Will your book be sold @ Barnes & Noble?

NOPE...Here's why...
it's not actually published...
instead it's PRINTED by Stampers Anonymous.

So... it's available here on the blog, eclecticPaperie, your LSS or directly from the Stampers Anonymous site or @ their booth @ conventions.

I saw you do a flower in a reinker bottle. Where do you get the reinkers bottles?from Ranger?



Nope...
I get them from the reinker drawer...see below. ha!

Yep, I have lots...and now I figured out they make adorable vases. so I save the empties.

Ranger does not sell them empty. SORRY.

Next...
I saw a photo of your workroom & it looks like you have a double tier holder form the ink applicators. Do I need special parts to attach 2 together?

Here's a look @ mine.
2 craft spinners can be stacked together to store 16 blending tools in a very small space. I LOVE IT!

No special parts are needed...here's how it fits.
The base is actually green when you buy it...
but black spray paint does wonders!



and...
Did that heat gun ever get made again? I keep asking you. so sorry...

YES & YIPPEE...

Ranger has the heat-it tools back!

It's even quieter & hotter than the original.
I can't live without it!

If you like to emboss, it's great because it doesn't blow the embossing powder off your project.

last one...

Wendy, I just love your art - I am hooked and can't wait till your book arrives (I've pre-ordered it here in the UK from The Stamp Attic wo led me to you!) Do you have any plans to come over here?

I am working on my schedule for next year, but no plans for the UK...SORRY.

Any more question? Ask away...that's what I'm here for...

Here it comes!

make art!

wendy

11 comments:

Debby said...

Ok those little bottles are so cool. I would not have thrown mine away anyways. They are just cute and they would have to be used for something else.

Hels Sheridan said...

You know what hun...you never fail to inspire me with your AMAZING!!!!! ArT...(yep, I did shout that last bit LOL) I loooove the book, tis gorgeous...and I have saved the date...now all I need are those elusive air tickets ;o)) You made me LOL when you said you got the reinker bottle from the drawer...I thought I was seriously stashed out...now I know that I can go and buy more cos you have more than me and that means it is ok to have lots ... Have a great day! Hugs x

Tona said...

I have a craft spinner & find it invaluable...now I know I need a second one ;)

Andrea said...

no visit to the UK as of yet, thats sad to hear as I know there are a lot of crafters here that would love to see you in action, here is hoping that one day you can make it here, as we love your artwork, your stamps are divine xx

Unknown said...

I love you Wendy - you know that ... but NO plans to visit the UK??? Best you make some then and QUICK *LOL*

Loving all your piccies and may I add that thanks to you ... I now have three turny wotsit thingies all stacked ... it gives me so much more room!!!

Have you any ideas for the spare bits though ... I keep looking at them ... there must be something we can do with them!

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy,
If you have no plans for the UK do you have any at all to visit Australia? Would love to see you live!!!
Regards
Michelle

Gourmet Candles Distributor said...

Wow how amazing your work is. Thanks for sharing.

Dylan said...

Hey girly girly, does that mean I have to come to you AGAIN!!!! Surely its your turn to come to mine.?? lmao xx

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

OMG Im so glad I found your blog! If I had know you were gonna be in Waco I would have driven there for your classes!

Escape said...

Can I just say I LOVE the holiday decoration??? I'm more of a "bah-humbug" girl but I HAVE to make this!! :) Great job once again.

Art By Wanda said...

Love that flower in the reinker bottle!!!! I'll have to start using more ink to get any of mine empty :-))