here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

stickles, samplers and Maya Road goodness

did you see tim's BIG announcement about his new Ranger products??

I've been waiting for the rest of the Distress Stickles to be ready for us...

Now we'll have them & MORE...

Picket fence AND metallics?? YIPPEE!!
Think of the possibilities!

My MOST favorite is the Rock Candy...OMG!

Here's a holiday hanging for the Maya Road booth @ CHA...

I used the rock candy on the berries, snowflake and buttons...




Here's a close up of the ROCK CANDY DISTRESS STICKLES on my holly berries...

Let me just say...OMG!! I'm in LOVE with the effect...
The holly is stamped on grungepaper...
It looks exactly like...rock candy! Imagine that!


This is the PERFECT accent for holiday projects and more...
I'll be buying this stuff by the case!!

Ok...I showed the cover of the Maya Road sampler yesterday...
here's the inside pages...

The distress ink colors are brushed corduroy and broken china...

Combined, they make a wonderful custom teal color...





These papers are graphic45...YUMMY stuff!


the numbers page...the green is peeled paint...




Here's the back cover...
ignore the yuck in the top right corner....
I forgot to crop it out...duh!
Anyway...the papers are again...jenni bowlin.


This sampler was a lot of fun...
and it was a thrill to use my new studio 490 stamps for the very first time.
***
We're one day closer to FRIDAY...the start of the RANGER GIVEAWAY!
***
Tomorrow...more big Maya Road peeks...
this one is called "notes & quotes".
Stay tuned and...
make art!
wendy

21 comments:

carpediem said...

Just gorgeous projects Wendy!! Yes, I agree about the rock candy....love the effect it gives!

Linda said...

Love the holiday hanging, and the sampler too! The rock candy looks great, can't wait to get my hands on some!

Linda

michelle said...

Just wonderful projects I need to play more. .. and these are all wonderful products to play with.

Sherry Goodloe said...

The Rock Candy looks like faux German Glass Glitter! LOVE it!

Lisa Pace said...

Everything looks fabulous!!! And I must HAVE some of that ROCK CANDY... way cool!

Debby said...

Your art work is beautiful. Maybe you will teach that book in a class in Illinois? (hint hint). I am loving what I see. Thanks for sharing. Yes I love the ROck candy items. Really cool stuff.

Tona said...

Love your album & I can't wait to get some of that rock candy!

Elaine A said...

Hi Wendy -

Yes Tim's new products are awesome. But what you do with them is just amazing! When you mix your things with Tim's - pure genius!

Elaine Allen

Unknown said...

Fabulous work and I want Rock Candy - very badly indeed!!!

Sarah said...

As a little girl, rock candy was a special treat...now look what has happened...the special treat has taken a new form...a healthier form! Can't wait to get my hands on some!! Beautiful work, Wendi!!

Anonymous said...

I knew the rock candy would rock! Beautiful work, Wendy.
what an exciting week -- you have me running to your blog constantly to see what's new. thanks!
Eileen in NYC

Dianal said...

Love the Rock Candy on the berries ... what a great effect .. always enjoy the projects on your blog can't wait for more!!!

Michele K said...

OMG Wendy! You are amazing!!! Loving all the awesome samples you have been showing....don't stop---EVER!!!!!!! Have a blessed day!!

Erin Glee said...

Love your Sampler! And yes, please pass the Rock Candy and all the new Ranger goodies... but I'm still trying to catch up on the "old" stuff, so that box you have been teasing us with would have a great home with me. Just sayin'. I'll be playin'. Now I'll go make ART!

Elaine said...

That is the neatest way to share and showcase, Wendy! I love that each page set has it's own color vibe. Just fabulous! I shied away from Graphic45 papers but now wishing I hadn't! Love how they look on your project! And I"m soooo looking forward to your reveal tomorrow as well as Friday! :)

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

These are fabulous projects.

Scrapthat said...

UBER cool! I agree about the new stickles colors...YUM! Now to wait it out till they hit Canada...you gals in the US complain but you don't know how good you got it! ;)

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Another fabulous work of art :)
Anne (UK)x

Anonymous said...

Very nice.. I really like the Graphic 45 papers. Where do you find them. I tried the link for electic paperie I did not see the papers showed in your project. I would love to know more..
Sharon

Donna said...

Wendy I just love the projects you do, I am so excited to see you on the voyage to Mexico!!

www.la-rioja-3d.com said...

I saw so much useful data in this post!