here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, July 17, 2009

book "cover" art and a winner...

One of the most FUN things when working on "make art, studio 490 style", was choosing the art for the cover of the book.

This is my favorite project...(I think)...
so this is what I chose...

I liked the colors, the abundance of flowers and especially the saying.


The base is a page from a Maya Road new summer release...
I LOVE the shape!

The "book" has now morphed from 40 pages to 50+++ pages.
I'm DIEING to see it finished...we're getting close.

A limited quantity will be available here on the blog...

I'll let you know just as soon as I have them...
My guess is early August...right after CHA.

Next...

Here's a stamping tip...
If you look @ the mini butterfly on the lower right corner, it doesn't look the same as it does on the "make mine mini art" set.
I stamped the butterfly on the BACK of the grungepaper & cut it out, then overstamped it with the numbers background.

That gives you more options...
you get the butterfly shape, but not the polka dots...
so now the butterfly can be any pattern...

this works the same with lots of other stamps too...
I've said before...
I like versatile!

Now about that $25.00 eclecticPaperie gift certificate....
THANKS for sharing your ideas...
I'm impressed!

the random generator chose...
#5...that's carpediem!!

Here's the comment...

carpediem said...
I am planning on making some mini albums using your new stamps. They will be titled "notes & quotes" and on the first page I'll have your rules to live by and the subsequent pages will have the quotes from your new sets and previous sets. I'll add areas for journalling and photos and, of course, lots of grunge flowers! Not too innovative but I think they'll make wonderful gifts!
July 15, 2009 9:52 AM


CONGRATS to carpediem!!!
Send me your name & I'll pass it along to Daisy & Joy...
Let the shopping begin!

Want another contest next week?
OK...come back!


Until then...
make art
wendy

12 comments:

slbt17 said...

thanks for the tip - reversing does make things versatile - and your shapes lend it to that option!
Thanks again for all the fun!
I'll be back ....
Sandra

Sharon Margiotta said...

What a great choice for the cover of that book that I can't wait to get my hands on!! Mark me down for one of the first ones you have!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful creation for the book cover, Wendy!
Congratulations CarpeDiem!

Debby said...

Congratulations to CarpeDiem! I think my new stamps may come today. I ordered the minis and the mini alphabets. Can't wait to play. I love the art for the cover. I got a sneak peek of some new Maya Road products on their blog. Man I am going to have a massive Christmas list.

Erin Glee said...

Congrats to Carpediem!
Love the book cover art, Wendy!

Penci said...

Loving the cover to your book, Wendy an congratulations to Carpediem! Its so stinking fun to win something!!!!
I just got my "It's More Flower Art" set from Eclectic Paperie today! I am excited. Thought I had ordered the "Flower Art" so this gives me a reason to shop again.
I feel like I'm in an exclusive club getting my hands on such great things before they are released to the general public!
Everyone have a great weekend!
Penci

carpediem said...

Thanks so much Wendy! I have been so excited since I found out that I had won your giveaway! I'm off to check out your stamps on the EP website!

D's Paper Studio said...

congrats carpediem!

I can't wait for the next round.

2amscrapper said...

This IS perfect for the cover. Thanks for the stamping tip.

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

I just got all 7 of your new stamp sets, and they are more gorgeous in person than the pictures show. I LOVE them all.

Awesome job on the Minis, they are too cute. Great for cards.

Can't wait for the book!

Your BFF Terry

Anonymous said...

Awesome cover! your book is a definite must-have!
Thanks for sharing your passion.
Eileen in NYC

Bobbey said...

My favorite product is the distress inks. Oh so very versatile! Of course when working with the distress inks you MUST have a craft mat! MUST!! Oops! Guess that's two favorite products!

My guess is, oh lets say, 34 items!