here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

studio 490 junk flower...and a video link

or is it...junque?

Hmmm...that looks a little classier...

Anyway, you've heard me say it before...

and here we go again...

but...

anything can be a flower center.

Check it out...



The center is a flea market find ...It makes me happy because the price was good & I got to repurpose something. Double credit.

Here's a thought...

A friend just showed me teddy bears that she made for her daughters, using her father's favorite old wool shirts.
What a wonderful keepsake for them.

We can do the same with vintage family jewelry... wouldn't it be fun to put this flower on a treasure box, then give it to someone special...so that she has a special keepsake from grandma?

Here's a better look and see that bingo background stamp...

I LOVE IT!


Now...

The moral of the story??


Keep your eyes open...

see the possibilities...
then...


Make art!
wendy
edited...I just got an email asking about this video that I made @ CHA for Ranger.
OOPS..I didn't tell you about it because I didn't realize that it was already posted.

See it here...

5 comments:

2amscrapper said...

Wendy, your flowers just keep getting better and better. I LOVE the idea of using vintage jewelry for the centers--to be perfectly honest, I have a lot of jewelry that was handed down that isn't my style but can't bear to part with--this transformation definitely would be a perfect keepsake

Kristi B. said...

I am so in love with your stamps, this new Grungeboard paper & your flowers designs! The leaves on this flower are just too cool. They look so dimensional! I love to use Grandma's old jewelry for projects. It makes Mom happy to see it all being used for the purpose of her saving it all. I usally just add the jewelry to handbags or pillows, but for my next one...I'll be adding it along with a "wendy flower" :o)
Thanks for all the inspiration & have a Happy Wednesday!!!!

D's Paper Studio said...

Wendy you are too much fun. I go to flea markets and antique shops and as i go through I pray like this....

"let me see what Wendy and Tim sees when they look for altered things...." over and over again. LOL

I have a broach my Great Grandmother gave me and I would like to display it in a special way. I can see using the flower/broach hanging in my living room. Thanks Wendy

Margie Higuchi said...

WOW! That pin takes it to a whole new level! Very cool and very green!

Hope you are doing well! Have a great day :0)

Sue McGettigan said...

This is a total treasure!! Thanks for letting me stalk you at CHA (demo'ing at Ranger) - I love what you do with your flowers and grungepaper/grungeboard!!