here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Monday, February 23, 2009

It looked like a floral shop @ Scrapbook Friend'z

WARNING...

Don't faint...I actually took 3 photos during the workshop on Saturday! PHEW........ That's a record...

We had a GREAT group & a fun time was had by all...including me.

THANK YOU ALL for coming!

More THANK YOU'S...

FIRST...THANK YOU TIM...for getting us the NEW grungePAPER for this class. You're THE BEST!!
They LOVED it!

BTW...grungePAPER ships today from Florida...be watching @ your LSS...get it before it's gone.
I got my 300 sheets ordered...

I DO NOT want to run out...ever.

AND...THANK YOU to TED and MICHELLE for making the magic happen. My new studio 490 stamps arrived on time & were ALL gone in a flash.
GONE...EVERY one of them!
I appreciate the extra effort!

Get ready Stampers Amonymous...
Margaret & Jim will be calling today for all those special orders.

AND...THANK YOU from me...I'm thrilled you like
studio 490 stamps. Absolutely...THRILLED!

It's just the push I needed to work on the 3rd release.....

Hmmmmm...What else?

These gals got to see some cool new products from CHA that are not in stores quite yet.

They test drove tim's new tiny attacher & LOVED it.
A must have item...

They got to see his new "foliage" idea-ology parts & the AWESOME "ornate plates". These are sooo beautiful...
I think they will make great jewelry pieces.

Ranger's Memory frames, memory glass & NEW memory capsules were a HUGE hit...
what a great idea for dimensional art...

They LOVED the new chipboard mini alphabets from Maya Road...A DEFINITE must have. Now we can add longer words to cards, mini books and scrapbook pages...This is one of my MOST favorite new items from MR, for this release.
I'm happy that they coordinate with their other chipboard alphabets.
Now we have more options to mix & match letters.

On to the photos...(hey...not too bad for an amateur)...

Here's some of my arty FRIEND'Z cutting...FLOWERS.
That's Margaret...taking special orders...these lucky gals had their own "personal shopper".


And here's "the regulars". These gals NEVER miss a class...

Cheryl must have been out shopping (not a surprise)...
she's missing from her seat!
LOVE YOU guys!!



In total...We made 150 of these!!!!!!!!!

Lesson learned...this needs to be a 4 hour class...not 3.
The cutting took longer than I expected...
but the results were TOTALLY worth it.





Just one more photo...

Here's a brand new class, using Maya Road's 4 inch binder...

Once again, this project is so LOADED with dimensional goodies, that it won't close...
just what I like...
fat books...



So that's my Saturday story & I'm sticking to it...

From the bottom of my heart...
THANKS AGAIN to Tim, Ted, Michelle, Jim & Margaret...and all who came to make flowers...

Now...

Make art!
wendy
oops...forgot one thing...
Acrylic / ADHESIVE questions...I'll be back later this week with that info...

5 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

Great blog entry. I'm proud of you getting the photos in! LOL Wendy I'm excited where your art is taking you. How wonderful.

D's Paper Studio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KAT said...

Wendy sounds like the sun, moon and stars aligned for you this weekend and everthing worked out perfect! I was at a crop and found your new flower set at the LSS and loved it... Can't wait to share with you what I made - as soon as it's done... I am waiting on a specific color or crackle paint first!!!

Love all the flowers and your inspiration! Keep making art for us and sharing!!!

Escape said...

Great photos! So proud of you! :-) But seeing the "girls" makes me homesick for you & them. AND the fact that I can't get your stamps until the 2nd batch ships!!! LOL! Glad you had fun. :-)

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Wow girl you have been busy!!! Busy as a bee! Love the flowers....and yes please do work on release #3!!! :) I like all I see so far! LOL