here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, April 17, 2008

You've heard it before...


Look at "things" not for what they ARE, but for what they COULD be.
***
Here's an example. I was shopping one day & saw a container of wood alphabets on sale. CHEAP! Hmmm...only the letters Z and O. But, did they NEED to be letters?? NOPE...
***
I bought a few of the O's with the idea that they would be cool frames for dimensional art. But, when I got this guy out to play, I set it on it's side & actually liked it this way better. So...with just a little grungeboard added..a fun transformation!
***
Now this is fun too. A fellow customer came over & asked if there were any N's in the sale bin. Her daughter's name was Natalie & she too liked the price. So...are you getting the picture here???
Turn the Z on it's side & it turns into a funky looking N. Think she bought it?? You bet! I'd love to see what she did with it.
***
On the agenda today...one final check of the supplies for Absolutely Everything. I think I'm ready... Keep your fingers crossed that Air Tran doesn't go bankrupt anytime soon. I'd like to get there & get home too. YIKES!

I guess it's tradition @ AE that each instructor who visits leaves some art on the classroom wall. Here's what Robin created for all to enjoy. I have my idea brewing...
***
Come back on Tuesday & hopefully I'll have a photo to show what I contributed.
***
My plan is to actually USE the camera this time, instead of packing it & forgetting it!
***
Old age sucks!!
wendy
oops...the flower stamp is from Inky Antics & the bird is from Stampers Anonymous. See...I almost forgot...like I said...
OLD AGE SUCKS!

9 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

Cute, you caught the dots addiction, too!
Linda

Julie said...

love the frame you have made very sweet

sharon said...

Always a fresh idea Wendy. I've mostly made cards since I took up 'stamping' (have to have the inverted commas as it encompasses so many other things lol) but have started to spread my wings in recent months. Coming here just makes me think outside the card and into/onto so many other things. Thanks so much.

sharon said...

Always a fresh idea Wendy. I've mostly made cards since I took up 'stamping' (have to have the inverted commas as it encompasses so many other things lol) but have started to spread my wings in recent months. Coming here just makes me think outside the card and into/onto so many other things. Thanks so much.

sharon said...

Ooops, no idea why that published twice. Sorry

D's Paper Studio said...

Awesome "O." I need to find someone around here with the plain grungboard...I can't get the same effect with the textured grunge. Still great, but I want to cut and beat up my own designs. LOL

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
borcherding said...

Oh KNOCK IT OFF with the old age stuff!!!!! :-)

Your art is wonderful and I hope you have a safe and FUN trip this weekend!! peace and blessings...Cindy

ps. Still stalking my mailman....

Glee-scrap said...

That's our Wendy, thinking OUTSIDE the box!