here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, February 28, 2008

The RAK, as promised...goes to...


But first, let's get some business done...HA! Don't you love the suspense?
I wanted to answer some email questions, since others may have been wondering too...
How do you cut the grungeboard?? Tim's tonic scissors make it very easy. I also have an old pair of KAI scissors & they work well too. Regular scissors make the job a little harder, if you're cutting lots. Invest in these scissors...you'll love them for sure. They also work well for cutting unmounted rubber stamps and chipboard.
What are you using to glue grungeboard? It depends on the project. But my first 2 choices are Ranger's Glossy Accents or Art Institute glue.
Where do your ideas come from?? That made me laugh. I sure wish I knew. I tell my friends, some days are good...REALLY good and some days I'm totally brain dead for ideas. Somedays I look @ my stash & wonder why I bought it. Other days...the ideas come much easier. Yesterday while I was shopping, I was looking at some clay products. I LOVE the look of a finished clay project, but I do not enjoy playing with clay. HOWEVER, while looking @ the clay supplies, I got a cool idea for Grungeboard. I'll tackle that idea today. See what I mean??? It's ODD how our brain works.
You seem to make things quickly.
Another laugh. WRONG!! I'm really very slow 80% of the time. Same as above...some days are REALLY good. One of my CHA projects for Maya Road took me about one week and I'm talking probably at least 7-8 hours a day. YES, it was 7 packed pages, but give me a break.. A
WEEK?????????
How did you bend the metal flower & make it even? Keep in mind, I worked in surgery, so...HEMOSTATS! You can get them in the quilting/sewing section @ Michael's.
*******************************************
And if you read yesterdays post & saw the picture I got from Hannah, her mom told me that when she showed Hannah the blog her comment was...
"I'm famous". Isn't that cool??
********************************************
Here's another tip. The package of goodies pictured above will be sent in a recycled container. I ordered a big dose of grungeboard for my upcoming classes & I had all the containers left. So...be green...recycle them. One other benefit...the PO guys get a little entertainment too.
On to the RAK.....................
Rick knew we were giving a RAK today, so the first words out of his mouth this morning were..."Number 57". if you know me...I said..."What the hell are you talking about?". Keep in mind that this was @ 5am. I was out of bed & upright, but obviously my brain was not engaged. So, I had to tell the poor guy that we didn't get that many comments. So...he then chose....................
number 10!! Here's that comment...Congrats to............BECKY!!

becky said...
loving the tips!now, a tip for "you" -- hmmmmmmmm
i sort all my alphabets by letter into a large nuts & bolts drawer unit from target! then i can easily mix and match alphabets!
February 26, 2008 2:33 PM
Send me your address Becky & I'll get the above package off to you.
*****************************************
Have any questions??? Ask away. It will give me something to post about!
Thanks for visiting!
wendy

5 comments:

Absolutely Everything said...

Wendy..thanks for the tip on metal bending...what about making the grunge board hold its curl...do you wet it and use a heat gun...just guessing here...also...any possibility that you would ever come teach in Mass?
Kate Farricker
AbsolutelyEverything

Valonda L. said...

Congrats to Becky!
Another tip...I know you didn't ask for it, but your comment about what you use to glue grungeboard got me thinking. Sometimes when I am making a really distressed project I glue things like grungeboard with Matte Accents just so that in case anything squishes out it it won't draw attention by being shiny. I use my Glossy Accents too...love that stuff.

Unknown said...

wow!! i won!

Linda Manning Findley said...

Really cool the way you curl the grunge board and I see you said to use hemostats but do you wet the board or heat it or something or does it just stay when you curl it ..... curious minds want to know .... Linda F

Glee-scrap said...

Congrats to Becky! You won!
All the adhesives I own and I need MORE! The Glue Dot I used on a small crown I cut out of Grungeboard worked OK...but with bigger pieces I'll need Ranger's Glossy Accents or Art Inst. Glue, huh? Thanks for the tip! Oh, or the MATT Glue, as Valonda suggested...thanks!