here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Thursday, January 10, 2008

How many favorites can a girl have??



Move over Faded Jeans...Here's my new favorite combo...Juniper paired with vintage photo.

I had a few of the paint dabbers before going to Ranger U, but didn't really use them a lot, since I was more INTO the distress inks. Now that I KNOW how to use them...I'm in LOVE! Here's a few tips we learned...

1. Always store them UPSIDE DOWN and shake before using, WITH THE LID ON...don't ask!! tim told some really funny stories...

2. To activate the dabber, press down (kind of hard) onto your craft sheet & squeeze @ the same time. This opens the valve & allows the paint to prime the dabber top. Once the flow starts, you're good to go. This sometimes takes 30 seconds or so. Be patient...some colors take longer than others. If it's a little hard to start, put just one squirt of water from the mini mister on your sheet. The water will help. Do not repeatedly slam it down on the craft sheet. This isn't enough time for the valve to open properly.

3. Dabbers are a no cleanup product. No brushes to wash out. Saves time ...for more arting. But, if needed, shake then remove the cap and it's ready to be used with a brush.

4. I wondered how scrapbookers got the cool looking dry brush paint look on their layouts. DUH...these guys are the perfect solution. Just swipe along the edges.

VITAL info for the photo above. I'm learning...give as many details as possible!

1. Cute chipboard scallop frame is from Maya Road.

2. Juniper paint dabber and vintage photo distress ink are from Ranger.

3. I LOVE this paper from K & Co.

Time to head to the studio.

Have a GREAT day!! Happy dabbing!!

Wendy

6 comments:

Rachel Greig said...

Just beautiful!!! :)

Escape said...

Nice---a whole new line for me to purchase....just when I thought I was done buying!! :-)

Valonda L. said...

Love it! Juniper has been one of my favorite colors for awhile now too.
Valonda L.

Linda M. Cain said...

I love the juniper! Great job!
Linda

Penny said...

Thanks for the tips Wendy, I was having problems getting them to flow well. You're a mine of information and inspiration!! :)

Robin Beam said...

Fabo, Miss V.! It's about time you've moved from the Distress Inks...lol...did they run out of ink? :-)

Inky Hugs,

Robin