here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Friday, January 18, 2008

CHA -S 07 journal and a CONTEST!!


You may have seen this before, but it's the best I can do for photos, until we can show some peeks. Anyway, there's a contest involved here..something to get the comments going again. In one week the blog had 1400 hits & not many comments. I like LOTS of comments!! When I'm happy, I give prizes...see how that works??

When I was invited to CHA I knew I wanted a place to keep things organized, because I would be out of control with excitement. This started out as a file folder and was put together with the Bind-It-All. The little envelope on the left held a pen and the small pocket on the top right held cards for autographs of famous folks. HINT!


Inside the middle black envelope were driving directions to the stores we wanted to visit. Keep reading........contest info is coming........

The pocket/page on the right was total fun. I had a CHA floor plan in that.

And, the back cover. I have this journal displayed in my studio & on brain dead days, when arting isn't easy, I turn it to the back cover to give me a push.

And I highlighted the vendors I didn't want to miss. Oh look!! There's MAYA ROAD! imagine that!!



Now...contest details...I got autographs from 2 famous folks. Guess who they are & the winner will receive a FREE MAYA ROAD chipboard album. I'll check the comments on Monday morning. All my blog friends who have the correct combo will be tossed into a drawing & I'll announce the winner on Monday. Linda & Cecile can't play. They were there & were witnesses!
Have a great weekend. I hope to get very inky!
Wendy
ps edited 1/18...DUH. I got an extra day!! We leave 3 weeks from today, not yesterday. Must be the chipboard overload...
What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



27 comments:

DeeDee said...

Hmm, I have no guesses. I did want to say i love that journal. the colors are so me. :)

Rachel Greig said...

Ohhh, I have no idea.... I'll guess Shari Caroll and Tim Holtz. Hope you'll show us the autographs when the contest is over :)

Rachel Greig said...

And great book by the way!!! I love how you ink up the papers!

Shari Carroll said...

Hmmmmmm...I'll take a guess Tim Holtz and Robin Beam! :o)

Trace Geworsky said...

I have no clue, but I will take a guess at it..
Ali Edwards & Tim Holtz.
Trace

Valonda L. said...

Well, as soon as I read this my guess was Tim Holtz and Robin Beam.
By the way, your file folder album was an awesome idea.
Valonda L.

Linda M. Cain said...

I was there, and I don't remember, so don't ask me to help you cheat, anyone! But I think I know someone she wouldn't have left without getting an autograph from. With or without their consent! HAHAHAHA!
Linda

Cecile Nichols said...

Gosh, I do remember and was ready to toss the names in. That would have been cheating though! Have fun guessing!

I still love your memories book! It really is fantastic!

Cecile

SANDIE MALLON said...

The book is to die for and i guess Tim Holtz and robin beam

StillTrying said...

I happened upon your blog from Tim Holtz's blog. Good timing I say! Lovely book. Hmmm, I'll guess Tim Holtz and Ali Edwards. Or Martha Stewart? I'll stick with my first guess.

Donalda said...

Girl your journal is just gorgeous !!! I am so excited for you and I know your a busy person getting ready but when you are there having fun you will not even think about all the pressure in getting it done now will you??
Well not for sure on the guesses but will definalty say Tim Holtz and ahhhhhhhhhh I will go with Robin Beam

Donalda said...

Girl your journal is just gorgeous !!! I am so excited for you and I know your a busy person getting ready but when you are there having fun you will not even think about all the pressure in getting it done now will you??
Well not for sure on the guesses but will definalty say Tim Holtz and ahhhhhhhhhh I will go with Robin Beam

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I'm another Tim Holtz and Robin Beam voter! I think you shared that with us ....

BTW, that journal/folder/planner is so darn awesome!!!!!! LOVE it! Very cool...

sharon said...

Love your blog which I found via a link from Tim's. Having read through the whole thing I'm going with Tim Holtz and Robin Beam as your famous autographs too.

Rachel Greig said...

So if Shari isn't saying her own name, then I must be wrong! I could go with everyone else and say TH and RB.... and it's probably right.... so... wonder if Robin is going to come on here and guess, or is she hiding because she is the other person?? Hmmmmmmm........ :) the plot thickens..

Shari Carroll said...

lol...I'm just not sure that I'm famous, but thanks for thinking of me Rachel!
Wendy signed my jeep....and I can't remember if I signed anything for her...crazy girl!

Jen Crossley said...

WOW Wendy this is just so gorgeous!!!
Well here is my 50 cents worth Tim Holtz and Robin Beam

Jen
PS thanks for your kind words on my blog about the fire I really appreciate it

Escape said...

I'm gonna be like everyone else & say Tim....but I'm gonna be different & say one of the Maya Road owners just to be different!! Of course, I love the journal & how you put it all together!!! You are even more organized than me! :-)

Robin Beam said...

Well, let me give you a hint...Wendy and I did not know one another last CHA....hmmmmm. Man! And I had that on my desk for like three months (her submission for Ranger U) and I had to give it back (booo!). :-)

Inky Hugs, Robin

Lucky Charm Crafts by Lynn Barwald said...

Awesome journal! It looks like you had lots of fun getting organized! Very creative and just beautiful! Great job! My guess is Tim Holtz and Martha Stewart. Hope you have fun! Lynn Barwald

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

Ok I'm going out on a limb..as a lurker...first time commenter and say Genevieve Gorder and Tim Holtz. I think genevieve was the key note speaker...finger crossed...

Kelly Booth said...

My guess would be Ali Edwards and Tim Holtz???

Sunnymommie said...

Hi wendy!!!!

my guess are Tim H. and Ali E....

but this is gorgeous!!!!

Katey :?)

Anonymous said...

Awesome Journal Wendi!
I guess Tim H. and Robin B.

Lisa Wilson

Glee-scrap said...

I'm guessing that the two famous autograghs that you got in your BEAUTIFUL CHA planner are "Caroline Lau" and "Deb Liu". No one else guessed that combo yet, so I may be WAY off!

Sandie said...

Love the Journal! Absolutely stunning.

I'll go with Tim Holtz and Robin Beam ..

Mandy said...

Stunning Journal, and such great colours my fav, what a great way to get the comments flowing again. Now for the guess, hmmmmmmmmm think I too will have to go with Tim Holtz and Robin beam :)