here's how I got started...

here's how I got started...
a 20 minute podcast by Crazy BeYOUtiful

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Look beyond the obvious and just a little bandanna...

I'm always reminding people in my classes to be on the lookout for art stuff. It's everywhere...I found this @ Marshall's the other day in the kitchen section. Obviously, it's a drawer organizer. Look a little closer & here's what I immediately saw...

A 6 x 6 square frame. It's well made... nice & smooth, so it will be easy to customize with paint or paper. It has some depth, so it's perfect for a collage with dimension. It's square & square frames are not as easy to find as rectangular ones. The price is great too. SOLD! See how easy??

Now...back to the art...............

I had a scrap of watercolor paper laying on the counter in my studio & rather than file it away, I thought I'd take a few minutes to play. This is my first attempt @ the bandanna technique. This started out with the wrinkle free distress technique, developed by Tim. Robin Beam added some details and developed the bandanna technique. This was really fun...but I can see I have a long way to go to perfect it. Click on the link above to read all the juicy details and take some time to play yourself. You'll like it. The flower stamp is from Hero Arts.

Happy Saturday! Remember...keep your eyes open!!
MAKE ART !!!
Wendy

3 comments:

Rachel Greig said...

Love your take on the bandana technique!!Can't wait to see what you do with the kitchen organiser!

Altered Route said...

I came across those while Christmas shopping..they have 9x3 too and seem to be made of nice bamboo wood. Always on the lookout in odd places for stuff! I noticed that they have them at Walmart too.

Robin Beam said...

Looks awesome to me, Miss Wendy! Happy 2008!

Inky Hugs, Robin